This Week on the Blog:
Next Week on the Blog:
Valentine’s Day Ideas and a project from Jennie
This Week’s Favorites:
We LOVE being outdoors and attempt to get outside with the boys everyday! Some days it is getting outside at home, going to a park, or going for an outdoor adventure!
Some of our favorite places to get ideas or inspiration for outdoor play and exploration:
Rain or Shine Mamma blog has awesome and FUN ideas for getting outside, gardening with kids, and nature arts & crafts.
This podcast from Simple Families, Outdoorsy has great information about getting outdoors for our health and wellbeing, starting small, and how you can enjoy being outdoors even if it isn’t your thing!
Some of our favorite places to go for an Outdoor Adventure:
Chloe & Lucian’s favorites:
- Swamp Rabbit Cafe‘s outdoor play area and Swamp Rabbit Trail: The outdoor play area is all wooden, encourages open ended play and it is closed in promoting independent play.
- Runway Park in Greenville, SC: Lucian was obsessed with the planes when we went last week.
Jennie & Brook’s favorites:
- Langtree to walk and feed the fish and turtles is one of Brooks’ favorites!
- Catawba Farms: We LOVE this because they have animals to see and great wide open space where Brooks is able to run & play!
- As a family we LOVE finding a walking trail that also has a playground! Jetton Park, Hope Park, Cornelius Road Park are parks near us that have a walking trail and a tot lot for the little ones in addition to the “big” kid playgrounds too!
- Whitewater Center: There is so much to see and do here! Right now we love to go here for Brooks to be able to get down to run and explore! As he gets older there are ropes courses, flat water activities, zip lining, rock climbing, mountain biking, and white water!
- NC Zoo: Again the love for animals and we get plenty of walking in when we go here! There are also great play areas for little ones too!
- South Mountain State Park and Lake Norman State Park are favorites for family hiking trips!