One thing Chloe and I really enjoy is doing things with the boys that are fun and that allow us to compare year over year how they are growing and changing physically and artistically too! As I was putting ornaments on our Christmas tree and pulled out ornaments that we have made over the past couple of years it really made me think I LOVE having decorations and things that can be made and reused year after year. These can also make great keepsake gifts to give as well!
Some fun things we have done or plan to do:
- Crayon Ornament made with crayon shavings, plastic or glass ornament, and a hair dryer.
- Reindeer ornament made with popsicle sticks, pom poms, googly eyes, pipe cleaner, and hot glue.
- Christmas Tree Ornament (Super easy to make! We made these at Fit4Mom Lake Norman last year)
- Homemade Snow Globe (find snow globes at Dollar Tree or Hobby Lobby) fill with snow and/or glitter hot glue Christmas tree, snowmen, or other fun Christmas things to the base of the snow globe
- Salt Dough Fingerprint Christmas Tree Ornaments idea from Crafty Morning
- DIY Snowman using Rice & Socks (Idea from Easy Peasy Fun)
- Star Made from Twigs
- Height Keepsake Ornament: Lucian’s daycare teachers made this for him and we love showing him how tall he was on his first Christmas.
Along with these ideas we want to remind you don’t have to do all the things! Some years we are better at planning things than others! Please don’t take on pressure or stress from this post or any others you see this season and feel the need to do all the things or anything for that matter! It is simply ideas and if you are looking for something GREAT take from it and use it!