- For 2020, my only New Year goal/resolution was to eat ice cream every day. With the way 2020 went, I think it was the perfect year for this resolution! This year, Jennie and I were talking about our goals as moms. A few months ago, I gave myself the goal of doing one intentional activity each day with Lucian, even if it was something really small or simple. I have really enjoyed this and plan to continue with it for 2021.
- My biggest and most challenging goal for 2021 is to be better at balancing my need to follow rules and do things perfectly with doing what is practical and best for the family. To elaborate, in 2020, I really struggled with worrying about doing things right and worried about what others thought about choices I made. This year, I want to do a better job of letting some of that go. I want to worry less in 2021. I know it sounds simple but this will take changing some habits and my mindset. So, maybe by the end of 2021, I will have mastered being able to give myself grace and do a little less overthinking.
- My small simple goal is to read more and listen to more podcasts. I really enjoy both of these, but find myself thinking I don’t have enough time. If I really think about it though, we all have the same amount of time. I need to do a better job with managing that time and prioritizing self-improvement.
- Here’s to 2021, may we read more and worry less! And if you want to eat daily ice cream, I highly recommend it! This year, I think I will eat less ice cream but try more beers. Why not?
- Be More intentional. Not having my phone out playing or browsing on it when Brooks is up and awake. I feel like I did this for a bit this year and when I did Brooks and I are both happier.
- One small thing for me everyday. This can be taking a bath, reading, listening to music I enjoy, listening to a podcast, being sure I am intentional and do something I enjoy daily! Like Chloe I also need to do better at managing my time as I often think I don’t have enough time.
- Cook more, I use to do this more often and miss it. I aim to cook at least twice a week. This year we got into the habit of Doordashing things A LOT! Don’t get me wrong it is great and very convenient but I miss finding recipes and trying new things.
- Workout 3 times a week. I am going to be starting to teach workout classes. Outside of what I teach I want to be sure to get a workout in where I am not teaching 3 times a week. I will workout while I teach but want to be sure I am taking time to do that when I am not teaching also. I feel better and am a better person all around when I take time to workout. Along with this I want to get back to running so at least one of these workouts a week will be running either on our treadmill at home or taking Brooks out in the running stroller at home or at a park.
Chloe and I would LOVE for you to share your intentions for 2021 with us! Leave us a comment with what your focus is this year! It can be something as simple as a word or more detailed. You decide how much you want to share.
Here’s to 2021 and being an even better version of ourselves as we take time to work on us and for our little ones too!