Every year BJ and I start talking about all the places we want to take Brooks to and see before Thanksgiving! This year we started our list and started purchasing tickets earlier than we have in the past to ensure we could get to all the items on our list and not miss out on anything!
Christmas is one of our favorite times of year and it is even sweeter with Brooks! We LOVE adventures as a family and Christmas adds so much to those adventures: lights, excitement, cheer, festive music, and gets us ready for the arrival of Santa 🎅🏼!
This year I am really trying to be present and intentional about being in the moment! It always feels like Christmas comes and goes by so fast!
Our Winter Plans this year include:
- Truist Field: Light the Knights & Christmas Village: The Christmas Village use to be uptown but they have combined the Christmas Village with Light the Knights at the stadium! Our first year we went to this was in 2019. They have vendors and GREAT Christmas lights/decorations to see! They have a couple places where it “snows” too and Brooks always LOVES stopping at those places!
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens- Holidays at the Garden: This was a big hit! They had so many Christmas lights and a train! Brooks LOVES trains and could have stayed there all night! They also had topiary set to Christmas music and Brooks enjoy dancing to the music there too!
- Chickadee Hill Farms: Tree Festival: We are excited about checking this one out for the first time this year! They have a tree festival with 60+ decorated Christmas Trees, miniature rescue ponies, Santa, a train, S’mores, a Fire pit, and more. They have partnered with Children Hope Alliance this year and a portion of the proceeds from this event will go to this organization as well as helping their miniature rescue ponies.
- Christmas in Davidson: We are really excited about trying this one out for the first time this year as well! Davidson is such an awesome town and does a lot to build community! We expect this one to be so much fun with everything from live music, a live nativity, holiday shopping, and more!
- NC Zoo Believe: We have been talking about getting to this one for a couple of years now and this year it is happening! We cannot wait! We LOVE NC Zoo year round so this should be a really fun experience seeing it decorated for Christmas!
- Mooresville Classic Christmas: This event is another we have talked about getting to for a couple of years and we are so excited to be going this year! We have heard GREAT things about this event and cannot wait to experience this together as a family in the town we live in!!
- Holiday Light Show in Downtown Mooresville: With over 175,000 lights set to music this quickly became a favorite last year! Brooks LOVED seeing ALL the lights and hearing the music!
- Carowinds- Winterfest: This one quickly became a favorite in 2019 and is one we plan to go to yearly! It is BEAUTIFULLY decorated and there is so much to see and do here! Last year we were even able to go with Lance, Chloe, and Lucian to add to the FUN times!
- We decorate cookies together and do Christmas PJs and a Christmas show/movie together each year!
Others we will add in if we have time:
- Myer’s Park Christmas Lights- Hillside Avenue: We have heard this is a GREAT place to walk around and see decorations and lights! They accept donations and food for Loaves of Fish!
- Kannapolis Celebration of Lights and Winterland Express: This park is impressive! We haven’t ever been here for their Christmas event but it looks like it will be a lot of FUN! They have train rides so Brooks will LOVE it for sure!
- Dallas Lavendar Lane: They are having Santa on 12/4 & 12/5 and a Winter Market Place on 12/11 & 12/12 as well as train rides from 12/1 through 12/24. Brooks loves trains so this is another one I think he would really enjoy!